Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ugh

So I'm back on P.E.I., I still have two shows left to do. The trip was good. We some how managed to get a tour bus despite the fact we weren't going to get one originally. THOSE THINGS ARE LOADED. There was a bathroom (we didn't use this out of courtesy for everyone else), A DVD player with screens for everyone. To top it off it was a 56 passenger bus, there was 11 of us including Fred (College president).

I'm starting to get sad now though. I've been informed by my parents that I'm coming home on Thursday night. This means that I won't be able to spend any truly free time with the friends I've made here. I'm going to miss them, they've become a large part of my life. I wish I could spend the two days before graduation with them before I have to go home and revert back to the introverted antisocial mushroom I am at home. 

This year has been great and I wish it didn't have to end, that it doesn't have to change. But such is life on this side of heaven. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ben,
I remember that exact reverting experience after a glorious summer working at Arrowhead Ranch -with one large difference; I didn't expect to revert to the person I had been before camp and the experience was crushing. I thought I had changed, but I just changed locations.
I hope you will fare better for having a foreknowledge of your predicament. Perhaps you can examine your undesireable dynamics at home. Define each of them on paper, and include the contrast with life on campus. That gives a forum to discuss each aspect of your discontent with a mentor and work out a way to take your work and relationships to the next level through this summer. ( to step up in the home site you'll want the insight of the home folks). I know your advances at college didn't happen in a vacuum. You talked with people, looked at options, drew on your past experiences and pooled wisdom, and made decisions that reflect your level of maturity and integrity. Now do the same at home, one issue at a time. You may be surprised how much you can accomplish to enhance the joy factor at home. I am anonymous Gram because it's the easiest way to post . LOL