Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stuff

We played road hockey today. I had one of my better games as a goalie, I made saves that I thought weren't possible. I think I may have some bruises to show when I go home as the trade off.

I'm going home for the weekend. As much as I love the College, its in the city. I just don't really enjoy the urban environment. When I was home I would go for one or two 30min-90min walks, just because I enjoy them. When I got to the College I basically never left the building. I only leave if I'm going somewhere, I never just go for a leisurely walk. I did once. But it was during a snow storm, so there was no traffic, made me wish I was home.

There's a path in the back corner of the woods, if you follow it all the way it goes for about a mile, maybe two, into the forest. I love walking that in the fall and spring(no mosquitoes), because it's entirely private, no one uses it, and there's a forest between every road and house, so no one can see you while your on it. 

I can't wait to go home and use this path, it'll relive some stress for me.

1 comment:

John MacDonald said...

it isn't an urban environment until you get into the downtown... The college is is some weird almost suburban area. don't bash the city till you actually walk downtown.