Tuesday, April 14, 2009

HOME! NOW!

I went home to spend the weekend relaxing. While home I discovered a number of intriguing things.

1. Books are more addicting than video games for me. 
True, I spent a good section of my weekend playing video games.  But I saw To Green Angel Tower Part 1 sitting cross ways on my book shelf. I realized that I had gotten it for Christmas, and I had reread the first two books over the final days of Christmas break, but had never returned to reread Part 1 and 2 of To Green Angel Tower. I spent 4 hours Monday afternoon reading 350 pages of that 750 page book. With video games I spend 1-2 hour increments, then I have to take at least a break before returning to the game. With books I can read as long as I'm awake. The only reason I stopped for supper is because I also had to use the bathroom and realized what time it was.

2. I miss home.
I went home and I went for a couple walks out in the woods, despite the stormy weather, and I realized that I haven't gone for a walk outside since I was home last. While I've been living in Charlottetown I've come to realize I hate living in the city. Oh sure, "This is the boonies" says John, but this is more than I can handle all the same. I feel no motivation to go outside at all. I only leave the building if someone says "Hey we're going ____. Want to come?" I just can't handle it. I did go for 1 walk in the city. It was at 6:00 in the morning and a blizzard out, and yet there was still a wicked load of traffic on University. I finally gave up on my plan to walk downtown and just walked around in the suburbs where there was peace.

3. Sleep is good.
I got my sleep cycle partially regulated while I was at home. Regular being in bed at 9:00, up at 5:00. And I discovered that my assessment in an earlier post was correct. I can do the 11-7 thing, even the 12-8 thing now, but I'm on a drain due to its abnormality. even though it's 8 hours, I just can't seem to fully adjust. When I was home my clock began to repair itself, and for the first time since I've started feeling drained and depressed last month, I felt rested, happy, and energetic.  I'm ashamed I'm breaking that so needed restoration even as I type right now.

I can't wait to get home. Regulate my sleep, go for quiet woods walks, read books for my own leisure and entertainment, and be done of school for another year. I'll post later about how sad I am that I won't see the friends I've made here.

1 comment:

John MacDonald said...

I was only half kidding when I said that... Downtown CH is nice; but where the college is kinda sucks; at least for walking.