Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So close!

The end of school is so close I can almost taste it. But yet it is so far away... I want to go home. Not to sleep all day, but to sleep from 9-5. I want to stay here though too. I'm gonna miss everyone at the college. 

Something I know I'll miss for sure is road hockey. We played today, we may play again on Thursday. I had a pretty good game. I watched some You Tube videos of goalies to see if I could improve my game any. The only thing I gleaned from my short search was a quick tip on the initial stance. It said to hold the glove up, previously I'd hold the glove more or less at my side, the crook of my elbow pointed down like ^. I started holding the glove up so the crook was pointed like a v. My new knowledge was rewarded. My response time went up, I blocked more shots, and I made a beautiful glove save (I snatched it out of the air) that I know I wouldn't have made if my glove wasn't held up. 

I never liked playing any sports until I started playing road hockey here. The guys have been great, letting me play goalie all the time (I think I'm the only one who likes playing goalie anyway) giving me tips, and having the patience to let me learn my position. I'll miss it over the summer, I just hope I don't get rusty, or forget anything I've learned on how to play.  

No comments: